This article details how to install the DSS Player Standard Release 2 software you will have received with a DS-2600/DS-2500 recorder or AS-2400 transcription kit.
- Download and save the software here
- Click on Compressed Folder Tools menu and click Extract all
- Once extracted open the folder, then run the Launcher application
- Select the language and then select DSS Player Standard Installation.
- Then click Next.
- Confirm the licence agreement and click Next.
- Now enter the license key which can be found on a green piece of paper that came in the ‘original box’ and click Next.
- This box will appear which specify the software module that it will install depending on the license key entered. Click Yes to start installation.
- Please leave the Destination Folder as default and click Next.
- Now click Install to begin the installation.
- Once the installation is complete click Finish.
- Once installed you can find the application in your start menu and you can pin this to your taskbar. Depending on what license key was entered during the installation you will have either the Dictation Module or the Transcription Module. You may have both modules installed if you ran the installation twice and entered two licenses.